Young Professional Mid Office
AFS Group is an independent European multi-asset class broker, primarily operating as an intermediary for Financial Institutions, Corporate Clients and (semi) Government bodies.
With offices in Amsterdam, London, Zurich and Frankfurt, AFS offers a range of Fixed Income, Interest Rates, Energy / Environmental, Exotics, Equity and Equity derivatives products. AFS also offers a variety of market information and data services. AFS has 90 employees.
AFS Group is looking for a Young Professional Mid Office. The Middle Office Department is the key link between our traders on the one hand, and clients, external parties and internal stakeholders (compliance, accounting) on the other hand.
The primary responsibility of the department is to facilitate an in control trading process, starting with handling KYC-requests to monitoring and settling high value transactions and finishing with reporting daily P&L of all traders.
Additionally the highly experienced team has an important role in optimizing the operational environment, where several (in house) systems are operated and different internal procedures apply. As our new Young Professional Mid Office, your operational emphasis will lie with the fastly growing Energy department. Additionally it is expected that you will quickly become a reliable stand-in for more traditional products like Fixed Income, Equity & Derivatives and Money Market Instruments.
Your new function
- Start up and monitor KYC process
- Administer, monitor and reconcile Energy market deals (primary)
- Book and proactive monitor all (overdue) trades to minimize settlement risks (secondary)
- Identifying improvements within processes and procedures.
- Central point of contact within AFS concerning all transaction related queries
Who should be our new colleague?
- Bachelor degree (HBO) in Finance/Accountancy/Economics or equivalent;
- 0-2 years working experience;
- Affinity with the financial industry (preferably energy)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Ability to work accurately, take initiative and solve problems effectively;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Experience with Clearing and Settlements is an advantage;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- To be a team player and work well under pressure.
Why should you apply?
AFS gives you the opportunity to be part of a young, growing and ambitious team within a strongly developing and dynamic market. We offer:
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organisation
- Competitive renumeration and training possibilities
- A variety of activities
- AFS Energy is situated on the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange, located in the heart of Amsterdam. Here you will be entering an international and professional working environment with a strong focus on both professional and personal development.
If you are interested, please send your resume and a brief note on why you should be the new addition to our team to the HR Manager Saskia Akkerman (email@example.com).