A traineeship at AFS is a unique opportunity to get to know the organization as well as explore your own talents, abilities and interests! Trainees at AFS are instantly accepted as part of the team and will receive personal support and guidance throughout their traineeship and further career. AFS has an open culture that consistently provides young talents with every opportunity to make an impact in the organization early on in their career. We invest in our professionals and we value and support our people. This starts right from our trainees, to whom we are deeply committed.
AFS Renewable Energy Traineeship – 16th of August 2021 (fulltime) – 7 months
Do you think you have what it takes to be at the forefront of the renewable energy transition, energy markets and sales? Do you want to become the best sales trader in the market? This might be the traineeship you have been looking for!
August 16th of 2021 the AFS Renewable Energy Traineeship starts. This program offers you the chance to become a successful Sales Trader and to get to know the renewable energy markets, the organization and your colleagues.
A successful career at AFS starts with understanding our company and business. To accomplish this, the first 6 weeks of the traineeship will be intense: you will work on your soft and hard skills, you will conduct several group assignments and receive training in the different energy products.
After that you will receive on the job training of your manager and an assigned buddy. This phase is all about learning by doing. Every month the trainees will have a team building event, personal development session or training, divided over the remaining months of the program.
When you graduate for the program after 7 months, you will know all there is to need to know about the Renewable Energy markets, AFS and you’ve already built a large network within the organization.
After graduating you will directly proceed into The Excellence program and work as a Junior Sales Trader. This program is focused on continuous improvement and mentorship to become the best Sales Trader in your area.
About AFS Energy
The trainees will work within the Energy department, which is part of AFS Group. AFS Energy has extensive experience in consulting and trading in the different renewable energy markets across Europe. Our young, international, and rapidly growing desk helps organizations to achieve their sustainability objectives related to carbon emissions, renewable energy, energy efficiency, biogas and biofuels. They also assist clients in realizing their renewable energy projects.
Are you a go getter? Then our Energy team will be perfect for you. As a junior you can expect full guidance from us and we will help you learn all new products, understand the various commodity markets and teach you how to move forward from an interest to a deal. We provide you with continuous sales courses and training sessions with seniors and with your peers in order to make you the best Sales Trader you could be.
Competencies and qualifications
- To at least have a bachelor’s degree with a genuine interest in Financial and/or Renewable Markets
- To be fulltime available from the 16th of August (no holidays scheduled during the first 6 weeks)
- To be fluent (in writing and speaking) in English and at least one other language
- To a least have some commercial experience or interest. But most important, you have an ambitious spirit with a strong commercial mindset. You are eager and curious to learn. And are willing to travel
- To be pro-active and not afraid to pick up the phone. You will continuously look for new trading and deal structuring opportunities for your clients
- To be a good negotiator, who works hard and lives by the motto: “never give up”
- To be a team player and thrive under pressure
- Accurate, excellent numerical and analytical skills
What we offer
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam, the trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange
- Traineeship of 7 months that offers you a strong base for your career within AFS
- 27 holidays per calendar year
- NS Business card (depending on your residence)
- Free inhouse fitness
- A versatile fulltime position in a fast growing and professional organization
- A variety of activities with the team
Get in touch!
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to become a member of this motivated team on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange? Please submit your application via the application form.
You can apply for this position till the 30th of June.
Invited for a job interview?
- 1st round: Quick phone call with recruitment to get to know each other better
- 2nd round: Job interview with hiring managers
- 3rd round: Sales Assessment (to do at home) + debrief session
- 4th round: Job interview with Head of Energy