Are you a couple of years into your career and ready to take an exciting next step together with other finance professionals? Are you an experienced professional looking for an inspiring new environment?
AFS offers challenging career opportunities to courageous and ambitious finance professionals with a common sense view, executing power and the ability to communicate with clients on all levels.
AFS General has the following 1 open vacancy at the moment:
Junior Backoffice Employee
AFS Group B.V. is an independent European multi-asset class broker, primarily operating as an intermediary for Financial Institutions, Corporate Clients and (semi) Government bodies.
With offices in Amsterdam, London, Zurich and Frankfurt, AFS offers a range of Fixed Income, Interest Rates, Energy / Environmental, Exotics, Equity and Equity derivatives products. AFS also offers a variety of market information and data services. AFS has 90 employees.
AFS Group is looking for a Junior Employee Backoffice. The Backoffice Department is the key link between our experienced traders on the one hand and clients, external parties and internal stakeholders (compliance, accounting) on the other hand.
The primary responsibility of the department is to facilitate an in control trading process, starting with handling KYC-requests to monitoring and settling high value transactions and finishing with reporting daily P&L of all traders.
Additionally, the highly experienced team has an important role in optimising the operational environment, where several in-house systems are operated and different internal procedures apply. As our new Junior Employee Backoffice., your operational emphasis will be at the Equity & Derivatives, Money markets and Fixed Income departments.
Your new function
- Start up and monitor KYC process
- Correctly and accurately process client and market static data
- Administer, monitor and reconcile Derivatives, Fixed Income and Money Market deals
- Book and proactive monitor all (overdue) trades to minimize settlement risks
- Identifying improvements within processes and procedures
- Central point of contact within AFS concerning all transaction related queries
Who should be our new colleague?
- Bachelor degree (HBO) in Finance/Accountancy/Economics or equivalent
- 0-2 years working experience
- Affinity with the financial industry (preferably derivatives of fixed income)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to work accurately, take initiative and solve problems effectively
- Ability to work independently and as an assertive team player
- Experience with Clearing and Settlements is an advantage
- Eager approach to learn new information and processes
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- To be a team player and work well under pressure
- Affinity with Excel is a plus
Why should you apply?
AFS gives you the opportunity to be part of a young, growing and ambitious team within a strongly developing and dynamic market. We offer:
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organisation
- Competitive remuneration and training possibilities
- A variety of activities
- AFS Group is situated on the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange, located in the heart of Amsterdam. Here you will be entering an international and professional working environment with a strong focus on both professional and personal development
If you are interested, please send your resume and a brief note on why you should be the new addition to our team to the HR Manager Robbin Sewdin.