AFS staff vacancies
Are you a couple of years into your career and ready to take an exciting next step together with other finance professionals? Are you an experienced professional looking for an inspiring new environment?
AFS offers challenging career opportunities to courageous and ambitious finance professionals with a common sense view, executing power and the ability to communicate with clients on all levels.
At the moment we have the following vacancies or you can send an open application to firstname.lastname@example.org
JAVA / KOTLIN developer | AFS GROUP AMSTERDAM
AFS Group is a European financial service provider specialized as an intermediary in the wholesale Financial and Renewable Energy sector. With over 100 employees from offices in 4 countries AFS provides voice and hybrid brokering, execution, electronic trading and transaction advice services for a wide range of asset classes. Thanks to AFS in-depth market knowledge and strong historical relationships AFS can offer her clients added value through best price discovery, time saving best execution and qualified advice.
For our Electronic Venues department, we are searching for a medior Java/ Kotlin developer. In this role you will be working on an innovative electronic platform which provide tradability for SME shares. As developer you will be part of an intelligent and highly motivated development team with 8 direct colleagues. We are looking for a diligent and communicative developer that can lend a hand in brainstorming with management and who likes to understand the commercial aspect of the software he is creating.
What we expect:
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in the programming languages Java and/or Kotlin
- You are a back end and/or full stack software engineer experienced in web development technologies
- Experienced in PostgreSQL
- Able to work with Spring boot, Flyway, GraphQL, R2DBC, Netty, Webflux, Docker and Kubernetes
- Practical knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- It’s important you are conscientious, and you have a strong sense of agency
- Open in communication to tackle the project’s complexities together
- You show interest in the financial services industry
- You communicate fluently in English
- A good understanding of the Dutch language is nice to have
What we offer:
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam, the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange
- Working in an awesome, ambitious and driven high performing team
- Energetic and friendly colleagues from all over the world
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organization with years of experience
- Competitive renumeration and training possibilities
- 27 holidays per calendar year
- NS Business card (depending on your residence)
- Free inhouse fitness
- A variety of activities with the team
If you are interested, please send your resume and a short motivation letter to myself, Janneke Dijkstra, (email@example.com). If you have any questions about the vacancy or procedures also don’t hesitate to contact us.
“We recruit our own AFS colleagues. We don’t need help from external parties. If we receive resumes from recruitment agencies, we reserve the right to contact them directly and treat them as regular candidates.”
Financial Accountant / Controller
AFS Group B.V. is an independent European multi-asset class broker, primarily operating as an intermediary for Financial Institutions, Corporate Clients and (semi) Government bodies.
With offices in Amsterdam, London, Zurich and Frankfurt, AFS offers a range of Fixed Income, Interest Rates, Energy / Environmental, Exotics, Equity and Equity derivatives products. AFS also offers a variety of market information and data services. AFS is a fast growing company and has over a 100 employees.
AFS is situated on the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange, located in the heart of Amsterdam. Here you will be entering an international and professional working environment with a strong focus on both professional and personal development.
AFS Group is looking for a proactive and hands on Controller. The Finance department consists of 4 people in total. You will report to the CFO and work closely with the accounts receivable team members and the accounts payable team members. This team is responsible for the whole administration within AFS Group.
Your new function
You will work close to the business. Your main tasks are:
- Monitoring deadlines;
- Provide management reports and KPI dashboard;
- Financial Statement and coordinating accounting activities;
- Reporting to regulatory authorities (AFM, DNB, FCA, Bafin, NFA);
- VAT declaration and corporate tax declaration;
- Administration of the relatively new sector AFS Energy.
Who should be our new colleague?
- Master degree;
- At least 5 years relevant working experience;
- Affinity with the financial industry;
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work accurately, take initiative and solve problems effectively;
- Ability to work independently and as an assertive team player;
- Affinity with BI-tooling;
- Experience in working with Exact and Excel is a pre.
Why should you apply?
AFS gives you the opportunity to be part of a young, growing and ambitious team within a strongly developing and dynamic market.
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam, the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange;
- Competitive renumeration and training possibilities;
- 27 vacation days per calendar year;
- NS Business card (depending on your residence);
- Free inhouse fitness;
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organization;
- A variety of activities with the team.
If you are interested, please send your resume and a brief note on why you should be the new addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We recruit our own AFS colleagues. If we receive resumes from recruitment agencies we reserve the right to contact them directly and treat them as regular candidates!”
AFS vacancies foreign offices
The AFS operation is run from four locations.The headquarters in Amsterdam and three offices abroad
At the moment there are no vacancies in the foreign offices.
T: +31 20 5220 275
Warwick House 65-66
EC4R 1EB Queen Street London
T: +44 207 173 4820
CH – 8105 Regensdorf Zurich
T: +41 (0)44 289 40 10