Are you a couple of years into your career and ready to take an exciting next step together with other finance professionals? Are you an experienced professional looking for an inspiring new environment?
AFS offers challenging career opportunities to courageous and ambitious finance professionals with a common sense view, executing power and the ability to communicate with clients on all levels.
AFS Financial has the following open vacancies at the moment:
Junior Fixed Income Broker – Amsterdam office, The Netherlands – Asian languages
AFS Group is an independent European multi-asset class broker, primarily operating as an intermediary for Financial Institutions, Corporate Clients and (semi) Government bodies. With offices in Amsterdam, London, Zurich and Frankfurt, AFS offers a range of Fixed Income, Interest Rates, Energy / Environmental, Exotics, Equity and Equity derivatives products. AFS also offers a variety of market information, data services and dedicated research. AFS has 100 employees.
The AFS Fixed Income department consists of a highly experienced team of 10 people with a unique mix of institutional investors, global & local banks and government clients all over Europe, The Middle East, Latin America, USA and Asia. AFS Fixed Income is active in the following products:
- Bonds (corporate, government bonds)
- Public Debt
- Non-benchmark issues
- Certificates of Deposits (CD) & Commercial Paper (CP)
- Treasury Bills
- Medium Term Notes
- Private Placements and Structured Loans
To improve the offering to our client base and expand our business further we are looking for a junior broker at our AFS Fixed Income Desk.
- Expand the client base with new clients – develop existing clients in our network
- Identify clients’ needs and pro-actively act to achieve best-in-market customer satisfaction
- Actively look for new and cross-selling opportunities within AFS Group departments
Competencies and qualifications
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or similar level
- Fluent in the Chinese language and English
- To have some experience in cold calling
- A pro-active, entrepreneurial spirit that enables you to develop business in new directions
- A creative team player with excellent social, sales and communication skills
- Accurate, excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Familiar with setting and reaching team targets, works well under pressure
- The ambition to grow on a personal level and move up the ladder
What we offer
- One of the most interesting work environments in Amsterdam, the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange
- Competitive remuneration and training possibilities
- 27 vacation days per calendar year
- NS Business card (depending on your residence)
- Free inhouse fitness
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organization
- A variety of activities with the team
Please submit your application via the application form. If you have any questions about the selection process feel free to contact Janneke Dijkstra, Corporate Recruiter AFS.