Sales Trader Biofuels
AFS Group is the leading independent financial intermediary on the European main land connecting over two thousand financial institutions, corporate clients and governmental bodies. With offices in Amsterdam, London, Zurich and Frankfurt our 90 professionals connect and service clients in the disciplines of:
- Environmental commodities
- Fixed Income
- Interest Rates
- Equity and equity derivatives
- Exotic financial products
- Debt Capital Markets solutions
- Market analyses and data services
The Energy department has extensive experience in consulting and brokerage in the Renewable Energy market. Our young and rapidly growing Energy desk helps organizations to achieve their sustainability objectives related to carbon emissions, renewable energy, energy efficiency, biogas and biofuels and assists them in realizing their renewable energy projects.
We are looking for new Senior Sales Traders Biofuels to further establish and grow our customer base in Europe.
As an experienced Sales Trader within AFS Energy you will become a key member of a team of highly motivated and professional colleagues. With the knowledge and expertise of the team and your experience you will develop brokerage and structuring activities in the German Biofuel and Renewable Energy markets. You will create your own business providing your clients the highest level of service and information. You will be lead responsible for all of these clients and using your market knowledge and intelligence you will match buyers and sellers in order to optimize their deal structures and biofuel portfolio’s. After successful introduction of AFS Energy in Germany, Relocation and setting up desk in Germany is possible.
Competencies and qualifications
- To at least have a Bachelor’s Degree (HBO) or thinking level.
- To have 3-5 years of commercial experience in sales & trading, brokerage, analytical or shipping in the biofuel or fossil fuel industry. You have an ambitious spirit with a strong commercial mindset. You are eager and curious to to build out AFS name in Germany.
- To be fluent in English. Any other additional language would be appreciated, but is not obligatory.
- To be pro-active and not afraid to pick up the phone. You will continue to find new brokerage or deal structuring opportunities for your clients.
- To be a team player and work well under pressure.
What we offer
AFS gives you the opportunity to be part of a young, growing and ambitious team within a strongly developing and dynamic market. You will have the chance to build your own business and client portfolio. We offer a very competitive salary and with the growing success within your business domain also arises an attractive profit sharing opportunity.
AFS Energy is situated on the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange, located in the heart of Amsterdam. Here you will be entering an international and professional working environment with a strong focus on both professional and personal development.
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume to Jasmijn Bruns (email@example.com).