Junior / Medior Broker Interest, Asia desk – Amsterdam
AFS Group is an independent European multi-asset class broker, primarily operating as an intermediary for Financial Institutions, Corporate Clients and (semi) Government bodies. With offices in Amsterdam, London, Zurich and Frankfurt, AFS offers a range of Fixed Income, Interest Rates, Energy / Environmental, Exotics, Equity and Equity derivatives products. AFS also offers a variety of market information, data services and dedicated research. AFS has 100 employees.
The AFS Interest Rate desk consists of a highly experienced team of 20 men and women with a unique mix of banking, corporate and government clients all over Europe and Asia. AFS Interest is active in the following products:
- Interbank and Non-banking Deposits
- Certificates of Deposits (CD) & Commercial Paper (CP)
- Repurchase Agreements (Repo)
- Foreign Exchange (mainly FX-Swaps)
- Interest Rate Derivatives (Swaps, FRA, OIS)
- Treasury Bills
- Medium Term Notes
- Private Placements and Structured Loans
To improve the offering to our current client base and expand our business further we are looking to hire brokers for our Interest Rate Asia desk. Candidates with an Asian background (e.g. Indian, Chinese, Korean, Taiwanese, etc.) are preferred.
- Search for opportunities to increase and improve the order flow
- Introduce the order flow to new and existing clients
- Expand the Interest Rate Asia desk client base
- Actively look for cross-selling opportunities for other AFS desks
Competencies and qualifications
- Native speaker of an Asian language and fluent in English
- A pro-active, entrepreneurial spirit that enables you to develop business in new directions
- Excellent social, sales and communication skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- A creative team player with the ability to work well under pressure
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or similar level
- Experience in financial markets and/or a sales position is a benefit
What we offer
You have the opportunity to join a company which is highly ambitious, growing fast and young at heart. AFS provides a fast paced, professional and international working environment, with a strong focus on personal development. On-the-job training by specialists as well as external courses are part of what we offer you, in order to unlock your full potential. In addition to that, we offer competitive remuneration and benefits including profit sharing possibilities.
AFS is well located in the heart of Amsterdam, on the old trading floor of the stock exchange at Beursplein 5.
If you are interested to join our team of ambitious and talented people, please send your cover letter and resume to Jasmijn Bruns (email@example.com).