Junior Employee Backoffice
AFS Group is looking for a Junior Employee Backoffice. The Backoffice Department is the key link between our experienced traders on the one hand and clients, external parties and internal stakeholders (compliance, accounting) on the other hand.
The primary responsibility of the department is to facilitate an in control trading process, starting with handling KYC-requests to monitoring and settling high value transactions and finishing with reporting daily P&L of all traders.
Additionally, the highly experienced team has an important role in optimizing the operational environment, where several inhouse systems are operated and different internal procedures apply. As our new Junior Employee Backoffice., your operational emphasis will be at the Equity & Derivatives, Money markets and Fixed Income departments
AFS Group is the leading independent financial intermediary on the European main land connecting over two thousand financial institutions, corporate clients and governmental bodies. With offices in Amsterdam, London, Zurich and Frankfurt our 90 professionals connect and service clients in the following asset classes and markets:
- Environmental commodities
- Fixed Income
- Interest Rates
- Equity and equity derivatives
- Exotic financial products
- Corporate Finance
- Market analyses and data services
What are the tasks?
- Start up and monitor KYC process,
- Correctly and accurately process client and market static data
- Administer, monitor and reconcile Derivatives, Fixed Income and Money Market deals
- Book and proactive monitor all (overdue) trades to minimize settlement risks
- Identifying improvements within processes and procedures.
- Central point of contact within AFS concerning all transaction related queries
Who should be our new colleague?
- Bachelor degree (HBO) in Finance/Accountancy/Economics or equivalent;
- 0-2 years working experience;
- Affinity with the financial industry (preferably derivatives of fixed income)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Ability to work accurately, take initiative and solve problems effectively;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Experience with Clearing and Settlements is an advantage;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and preferably also Dutch.
- To be a team player and work well under pressure.
Why should you apply?
AFS gives you the opportunity to be part of a young, growing and ambitious team within a strongly developing and dynamic market. We offer:
- A versatile full-time position in a fast growing and professional organisation
- Competitive renumaration and training possibilities
- A variety of activities
- AFS Energy is situated on the old trading floor of the historical Amsterdam Stock Exchange, located in the heart of Amsterdam. Here you will be entering an international and professional working environment with a strong focus on both professional and personal development.
If you are interested, please send your resume and a brief note on why you should be the new addition to our team to the HR Manager Robbin Sewdin (email@example.com).