AFS Group is an independent European multi-asset class broker, primarily operating as an intermediary for Financial Institutions, Corporate Clients and (semi) Government bodies. With offices in Amsterdam, London, Zurich and Frankfurt, AFS offers a range of Fixed Income, Interest Rates, Energy / Environmental, Exotics, Equity and Equity derivatives products. AFS also offers a variety of market information, data services and dedicated research. AFS has 100 employees.
The AFS Interest Rate desk consists of a highly experienced team of 20 men and women with a unique mix of banking, corporate and government clients all over Europe and Asia. AFS Interest is active in the following products:
- Interbank and Non-banking Deposits
- Certificates of Deposits (CD) & Commercial Paper (CP)
- Repurchase Agreements (Repo)
- Foreign Exchange (mainly FX-Swaps)
- Interest Rate Derivatives (Swaps, FRA, OIS)
- Treasury Bills
- Medium Term Notes
- Private Placements and Structured Loans
To improve the offering to our institutional client base and expand our business further we are looking for a Head of the AFS Public Debt desk.
- Manage, expand and provide direction to the Public Debt team
- Expand the European public debt client base with new clients, both investors and issuers
- Identify clients’ needs and pro-actively act to achieve best-in-market customer satisfaction
- Actively look for new and cross-selling opportunities within AFS Group departments
- Lead by example, Organise meetings, Address (individual) responsibilities, Review performances and Record data.
Competencies and qualifications
- Proven management skills in a (financial) sales oriented environment
- Fluent in English and master at least two other European languages
- A pro-active, entrepreneurial spirit that enables you to develop business in new directions
- A creative team player with excellent social, sales and communication skills
- Accurate, excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Familiar with setting and reaching team targets, works well under pressure
- The ambition to grow on a personal level and move up the ladder
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or similar level
What we offer
You have the opportunity to join a company which is highly ambitious, growing fast and young at heart. AFS provides a fast paced, professional and international working environment, with a strong focus on personal development. Internal training well as external courses are part of what we offer you, in order to unlock your full potential. In addition to that, we offer competitive remuneration and benefits including profit sharing possibilities.
AFS is located in the heart of Amsterdam, on the old trading floor of the stock exchange at Beursplein 5.
If you are interested to join our team of ambitious and talented people, please send your cover letter and resume to Robbin Sewdin (email@example.com).